Wooden lace - Sovata

Sovata is a place I heard about since childhood, praised as a chique, even luxury resort. More recently, it has turned into a cool holiday destination. This year I was curious to discover how much truth is in all the rumour.

My eyes were delighted with what I saw, my mind felt at peace and my lungs were especially grateful.

More than the impressive scenery, the fresh air and the cosy, neat B&Bs, I discovered the elegant, discreet, yet full of personality old villas, dressed up in fine, delicate wooden lace. It took me back to the years when most people paid attention to detail and cared about artistry and aesthetics.

What is it that makes an entire construction look so delicate and aerial?
















































































































































Comments

Popular Posts